Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act Alliance Update United for a Barrier-Free Society for All People with Disabilities Web: https://www.aodaalliance.org
May 10, 2022
With Ontario’s general election underway, lots will be happening on the disability front.
Please watch TVO’s flagship current affairs program “The Agenda with Steve Paikin” tomorrow at 8 or 11 pm Eastern time. It will include an extensive interview with AODA Alliance Chair David Lepofsky on disability issues in the 2022 Ontario general election.
This program will appear on TV. It will also stream tomorrow at 8 pm on the Twitter feed and Facebook page of The Agenda with Steve Paikin. It will be permanently available on YouTube. In a future AODA Alliance Update, we will provide the YouTube link once it is available.
We enthusiastically applaud The Agenda with Steve Paikin for addressing disability issues on tomorrow night’s broadcast, which is important for over 2.6 million Ontarians with disabilities and for every other Ontarian, since everyone is bound to eventually get a disability as they age. Help us use this broadcast to promote real change. Please
* Encourage your friends and family to watch this interview.
* Promote this interview on social media like Twitter and Facebook.
* Urge your local media to cover disability issues in the Ontario election.
For more background:
1. The April 6, 2022 letter to the AODA Alliance from the Ontario New Democratic Party, setting out its party’s 2022 Ontario election commitments on accessibility for #pollwatch.
2. The March 22, 2022 letter to the AODA Alliance from the Ontario Green Party, setting out its party’s 2022 Ontario election commitments on accessibility for #pollwatch.
3. The May 1, 2022 letter to the AODA Alliance from the Ontario Liberal Party, setting out its party’s 2022 Ontario election commitments on accessibility for #pollwatch.
4. The AODA Alliance’s November 22, 2021 letter to the party leaders, listing the election promises on disability accessibility that they are asked to give.
5. The April 18, 2022 AODA Alliance Update’s review of the Ford Government’s record on disability issues: “During Its Four Years in Power, Ford Government Made Ontario a More Dangerous Place for Vulnerable People with Disabilities.”
6. The April 29, 2022 AODA Alliance Update’s analysis of the Ford Government’s 2022 budget: “The Ford Government’s 2022 Ontario Budget is a Slap in the Face for 2.6 Million Ontarians with Disabilities.”
7. The AODA Alliance’s May 3, 2022 news release on the parties’ platforms on disability accessibility issues.