A FREE Program now open to Residents of Toronto
- Proficient with technology?
- Interested in obtaining help to access a new career in digital and accessible media?
- Looking to add to your set of existing skills?
- Looking to learn more about making media accessible and inclusive during a FREE 14-Week program?
- Looking for a paid job placement?
- Identify as someone with a disability?
- Live in the Toronto area?
- Have availability to attend courses online and in person part-time?
We are Partnered with Mohawk college, skills advance ontario and the disability channel.
Please send your resume with a brief description as to why you feel you would be a good candidate for this program.
Contact us for more information:
This employment Ontario project is funded in part by the government of Canada and the government of Ontario.
Program Fact Sheet
Entrance Criteria for Toronto Region Accessible Media Program
To qualify for the program, you must be: Unemployed or underemployed, with a self- disclosed disability. An ODSP or Employment Ontario recipient, between the ages of 17 to 35 years (some exceptions may apply).
Free Training in Accessible Media by Mohawk College – delivered virtually.
Practical work experience in digital media provided by The Disability Channel within the areas of video production, accessible social media, captioning and podcasting.
Training locations in Toronto and GTA regions, program is currently delivered virtually.
Paid job placement assistance once successfully completed the 14 week program.
Start Date: August 3rd, 2021 – Orientation/virtual sessions: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10am-2pm. Wednesdays are set aside for tutorials. Certificate in “Accessible Media” upon successful completion.
You should have some knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Good communication skills with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency using Google Docs and Microsoft Office products
- Ability to navigate the Internet utilizing distance learning technology and software programs such as Zoom, Skype or Microsoft Teams
- Previous experience with graphics or digital program software
- Basic knowledge of social media, Photoshop or creating media campaigns
- Reliable team player with the ability to take direction and work independently
- Some previous digital experience, marketing, video or journalism skills are an asset.
If interested, please forward a resume with a link to your online portfolio (if applicable).
Include a brief cover letter as to why you feel you should be considered as a candidate for this program to:firstname.lastname@example.org or
We thank all applicants but only those that meet the criteria will be selected for an interview. OWLware is an equitable social service agency providing training and employment opportunities.